Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What happened to customer service!?

After a lovely experience at First Watch this morning I have decided I can no longer take poor customer service. I WILL contact each and every business that does not offer quality CS. Enjoy the letter I just sent to the customer service department of First Watch.

Hello!

After much thought as to whether or not I should contact your offices about my experience this morning, I have decided you should know how this situation was handled by the manager at 11112 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Shawnee Mission, KS. Today is my birthday, I was eating out with my mother and children to begin my day. I ordered the Bacado. We enjoyed our cups of coffee with great conversation and were promptly served our hot meals. Upon arrival of my omelet I notice the avocado slice atop my folded egg had black spots all over it. Being that I have consumed avocados for 30 years now on a regular basis, I knew that this avocado was at the beginning stage of rotting. I know the taste of rotten avocado and I have no intention on ever tasting it again. Suspiciously, I cut open my omelet and lo and behold the avocado slices within my omelet are not only black specked BUT have HUGE areas of BLACK, and I do mean BLACK all over them. GROSS!!!!! I was immediately disgusted, my mother was disgusted. I was shocked that a cook would actually put that on a plate coming out of the kitchen!!!! I called the waitress over and showed her the avocados. The waitress then informs me that it was OK, this "happens under the warmer." HUH!? Was this lady really trying to tell me the warmers are rotting the avocados? I then proceeded to ask for a manager to come speak to me. The manager arrived at my table in a very quickly. Once again, I pulled apart my omelet to reveal the black sludge of avocado that lye within. Much to my surprise, the manager did not seem apologetic AT ALL. He fed me the same idiotic statement, that this "happens under the warmer." I looked at him like he was crazy, and I am sure my head was about to spin off of my shoulders. I do not appreciate being treated like I am an idiot, anybody who looked at those avocados would KNOW FOR A FACT they were rotten! Luckily, we didn't have to get into that, I remained calm and the manager said he could "go ahead and make another one for me." You think? I would hope so, since you just served me rotten food, and no apology, really? Anyway, I just thought you should know about this situation so you can better educate the staff at this restaurant about avocados and proper customer service. I did happen to look up some things at the restaurant on avocado's, here is a short and simple explanation you may want to pass on to the staff at this location. Thank you for your time.

1 comment:

  1. Remind me to never piss you off! I NEVER want to get that letter! ;) here's to GREAT customer service!

    ReplyDelete